Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Acceptance from the Landscape

I was able to spend a bit of time recently and give the metal structure some life, some breath.  My first attempt was in the bitter cold and wind (very difficult to plant and photograph...Ughh!)... I managed to just step away for a few days, come back when the weather was much more agreeable and was able to grab a few nice shots. First, in a modern setting with a curved steel wall with a mesh opening...then I recruited my friend David, and we loaded up the pod and headed for a more natural setting,...an old abandoned tobacco factory about 15 minutes away. This was the perfect backdrop of nature consuming industry. Old brick and stone walls toppled amongst bittersweet vine and butterflyweed. The pod finds a home! 


              triggering life upon a once desolate spot

resting in the landscape


various seed heads, arborvitae wrapped with wire, sticks and sedge

No comments:

Post a Comment